Monday, April 05, 2010

TJM-in-training & Rising Son

Greetings,

Went to my doctor today, well the nurse practitioner who I have seen in the past when my doctor is booked up.  She is really nice and capable so I trust her as I would my own doctor.  Trouble has been my shoulders range of motion has really decreased over the past several weeks.  With everything going on, my shoulder was the least of my worries.  However this changed when I tried to swat a fly the other day and the motion of swinging my arm towards the ceiling sent shockwaves of pain through my shoulder and down to my elbow.  My daughter was standing there when it happened, and without blinking, taking a page from the typical jewish mother handbook, "Daddy you really should see a doctor about that!"  So the diagnosis was bursitis and a treatment was prescribed.  When I came home I saw my daughter first and without missing a beat she said "I said you would feel better after you went to the doctor's daddy!"  She's a keeper!

Finally get my psoriasis meds tomorrow.  Hopefully relief is a week away!

In my quest to add more substance to my demo reel I decided to take on a project for the sole purpose of bulking up said demo reel.  I am making a 10-15 minute documentary on my hometown of Malden.  I am not sure what the focus will be either "My memory of Malden" or a Past Present Future" thing.  I may even just create a "trailer" for a documentary that doesn't exist.  At any rate, yesterday I went out and shot footage around Malden.  While I was driving around and looking at the city through the camera I was struck with a bit of nostalgia.  Some of you who know me know I am a nostalgia whore and quite frankly that trait hasn't served me to well in my life.  My nostalgia brought me to think of two people from my past I haven't spoken to in a long while.  I've wanted to reconnect with them but wondered if I should.  I've had their numbers in my phone for a while now but for whatever reason I haven't called.  Long story short (TOO LATE!) I left messages for both and now just wait for a response if one is coming.

And lastly I will end with this story.  Tonight we were sitting down as a family and eating dinner.  I grilled some burgers and dogs, the wife made veggies and some brown rice.  Call us odd but we generally eat our burgers bun-less.  Why did I tell you that...IDK.  So there we are sitting at the table and I just ingested my one diet soda for the day and felt a rumblie in my tumblie.  Without the benefit of thought I extended my index finger to my son seated next to me in his high chair and uttered the word spoken by my father, his father before him and his father before him...."PULL MY FINGER!"  My son looked into my eyes as if to say
"I know this is really important to you and believe this to be a bonding moment...I gotta be honest with you, I think so too...so I will pull your finger and you can expel your digestive tract gas and we'll  laugh and share the moment...because I love you....but take notice big guy...there will come a day when I will need you to do me a solid...."  
The moment passes then the gas, a hearty laugh was shared by father and son and the world felt a little less sucky for that moment....and well this moment too as I write it here.  Thank you JD...Daddy loves you.

Ok,  That's all I have for today...  Still searching for a closing tag line.

PAK

No comments:

Post a Comment