Thursday, April 08, 2010

Live from my iPhone

My Short Blog - April 8, 2010

Yesterday my phone, internet and cable were shut off by Verizon. We knew it was going to happen and with everything going on it was pointless to fight it off. Having said that, it is maddening not to be able to get online to check news, Facebook, Twitter and of course, update this blog which has become a vital part of my therapy for getting through the rough seas I am currently navigating. Luckily my iPhone has access to my email, Facebook (lite), Twitter and web browsing but not without its drawbacks. Drawbacks aside its better than nothing. Now the internet and phone are covered (lets not forget the PHONE part of the iPhone), but the cable part of the equation is where trouble begins. No cable means no DVR and no DVR means no shows are being recorded for viewing later. Now you might ask yourself, "What about just hooking up an antenna?" That is a great question and I am glad you asked. The problem there is this: Last June the FCC shut down the analog signal in favor of a digital signal. In order to receive the digital signal I would need to purchase a converter. And while the idea crossed my mind, I haven't got a pot to piss in so a TV converter is out of the question…. The name of my new game is total responsible behavior because without that, my situation will never get any better. I can go without TV to serve the greater good plus its springtime…though if it were wintertime, I fear I might be on the corner whoring myself out for money to get the converter. I know, its a frightening visual…

Started my psoriasis meeds today. Already feeling some relief…but I know the payday comes a week or so from now with daily application. Stay tuned.

I spoke to my friend I had a disagreement with last Friday today. We both understand our friendship has been strained for some time now and mutually decided space was needed in order to take care of some personal stuff. From where I sit, we are still dear friends and when the time is right we will resume our friendship where it can be afforded a stronger basis and a lot more enjoyable. And because my friends mean so much to me, I look forward to that day.

Lastly, I wanted to throw a bone of contention to the she-devil who was in the Market Basket parking lot a few days ago trying to back her SUV into a parking spot while talking on the phone. GET OFF THE FUCKING PHONE!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT, IT'S OBVIOUS YOU CAN'T. SO PUT THE PHONE DOWN AND CALL MUFFY BACK AND TELL HER MORE ABOUT THE CUTE GUY IN THE RED MINIVAN WITH THE TWO ADORABLE KIDS…oh wait…hehehe…you go right on talking… I'll wait….

Still searching for a tagline,

PAK

2 comments:

  1. hey paul anything i can do? that must suck for the little ones too! no seasame street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. paul, we have been w/ out cable for 2 yrs now. we do have a converter and antenna but bought them when they had that 2 for 1 rebate. so the whole thing set us back 30bucks.
    we go to the library and get DVDs for free.check your local for kid and adult (well not Adult) DVDS. also, Redbox is only a dollar!
    did i mention i read the entire harry potter series? wouldnt have done that w/ cable.
    much love and blessings your way.
    j

    ReplyDelete